Sunday, February 10, 2013

Concept Work for the Info-graphic ;;


For the Love of Dr. Pepper
Concept artwork + Explanation
By Marly Moultrie :)

{Click on the images to make them larger, you might have to zoom in on your browser}

      So, before you go huh? Let me explain a little bit of each concept, that way you get it and it's not just some weird drawings that I did and completely leave you in the dark.

Page 1.
At the top of the page is a Dr. Pepper can and 5 sketches of different rollover buttons that I may or may not use in my info graphic. I hated the question mark the second after drawing it, and I don't really care or the arrows...but I do like the soda bubble and a little circle with a star in it.

Ok, so now there is 5 sketches of different ways I could present to the people the amazing Dr. Pepper can. The first one is classic, simple straight to the point and can be easily seen. The second sketch is a Dr. Pepper can on a table that fell and now the soda is pouring on the floor. The idea is for each "stream" of soda to be a different flavor that you can roll over. Third Idea, simple but larger verison of the original Dr. Pepper bottle. Fourth idea, is a can with cool designs behind it, but I don't think I'll do that, it'll take away from the Soda can. The fifth concept is a Can with a glass filled with Dr. Pepper in it. The idea is roll over parts of the glass to show what is in a dr. pepper. Classic, but not my style.

Page 2.
I continue onto page two with a couple more elaborate design ideas. The first one is a blank soda can, with dissecting tools around it and the Dr. Pepper label in the corner. It's a good idea, but I don't know if someone else would think...kind of ew. The second idea is REALLY cool. Alot of Dr.Pepper's ingredients are of course "all natural" so to inspire a possible natural look, I thought about have a tree growing out of the can and the can to also be stuck in the ground. Roll overs in the tree would show ingredients like, Almonds, Lemons and what not; while the ground would show thinks like ginger and carrots. I would also make a cloud in the shape of a cola can because cola...is in it...and I don't think a cola out of the ground makes sense. The final idea is a can spraying out soda. Each stream could be a different color or different shades so they are easily distinguished from each other. 

Page 3. 
The final page is a couple different ways I could show the info graphs. Nothing special, but I feel like it would be more fun and way less boring if I drew the ingredients instead of it being text. 

Lots of cool ideas, and honestly if I had the time this round, I would do all of them! Any thoughts of what I could do?

No comments:

Post a Comment